Anger Management Frequently Asked Questions
Anger Management Frequently Asked Questions
Is it important to take my anger management class from a licensed professional? Does it really matter?
- YES! It definitely matters. The legal system is now requiring that you take your anger management class from someone who is licensed and held to licensure standards. There are many certificate mills out there and you don’t want to get caught using one of those.
I have been looking at websites and there is nothing about the people who are teaching the class. Is this safe?
- No, if a person who is running an upstanding program to the community they will list their qualifications on their website. They should be proud to put an About Us link on their website.
- When you register for an anger management program you will be taken through a short registration process and you will select your username and password. Once you have completed the registration process you can sign into the website immediately and begin your program.
How is the exam given?
- The exam is given in a multiple choice format. It is immediately graded and a printable certificate is available for your records. If you fail the exam you can re- read the material and try again.
Who can take this class?
This class is open to anyone interested in learning about anger.
Does this class meet state or court requirements?
- Most states and courts do not have regulations regarding anger management programs. It is always best to check with your probation department/officer, courts or human resources department to determine if this program will meet your anger management needs. There is a Court link provided on the home page with information you can print and present to whoever required you to take anger management. Get approval before beginning any anger management program.
How long does the class take to complete?
- That depends on you, your time frame and the program you chose. It also depends on how many hours of anger management you are sentenced to take. Review the anger management programs we have to offer and decide which program meets your needs.
Can I get progress reports or proof of enrollment? Do I get a certificate of completion?
- Yes. Progress reports and certificates are emailed directly to you and they are FREE.
What do I need to take this class?
- Everything you need to take this class is on the site. There are no extra or hidden fees. You have immediate access to everything you need (book included).
Will there be assignments?
- Yes, there are assignments. You can complete the assignments on your own time frame.
Do I have to sign into the website at certain times?
- No. You do not have to sign into the website at scheduled times. You learn anger management according to your own schedule.
When can I start the program?
- You can begin your anger management program immediately after you register.
Is this an easy anger management class?
- Yes, we make it easy because our goal in anger management is that you learn the material.
There are so many anger management classes online out there. What is different about this anger management class?
- This anger management class is written with a common sense approach with real workable tools to apply in your life. We help you to realize where your problems are and then we move you on to solution focused thinking.
Why is this anger management class so much cheaper than the rest?
- We want to work with you. We want anger management to be available to everyone who needs it. We have all been in the shoes of needing something and not being able to afford it. If you want to make changes in your life, we think you should be able to. Just because the price on other classes are higher doesn’t make them better. This class is developed and conducted by a licensed marriage and family therapist who specializes in anger management.
When did you start teaching anger management online?
- We started this class face to face prior to 2002 and in 2002 we brought the class to an online format.
Can you suggest a good anger management book?
- We suggest the book used in this class. Stop Anger, Be Happy written by Dr. Kathy S. Garber.
Will I be able to understand the anger management class and materials?
- Yes. This class was written with all intellectual abilities in mind.
Can my teenage take this anger management class?
Yes, we have had hundreds of teens through this program since 2002 and they love the online format.
What if I have problems with the class?
- You simply email us and we will walk you through.
When can I expect email responses from you?
- We always say we will get back with you within 24 hours, but most times it is much sooner. We don’t stay consistently online, but do sign in and out every few hours.
Why did you start working with angry people?
- I don’t view people as “angry people.” I sometimes think that people need a little stepping stone to change. I want to be that stepping stone.
What is your overall satisfaction rating? 98%
How do we know if your anger management class is accepted?
- This anger management class has been widely accepted since 2002. Now with the recent crack downs on online classes, we are even more accepted than before.
What is the return policy?
- We rarely get turned down so we don’t have many returns. If you can prove within 45 days of taking the class that it was not accepted and if you can prove it in writing, we will work with you on a refund.