Court Ordered Anger Management Classes
Court Ordered Anger Management Classes
Student Participation and Certificate Requirements
The website at www.AngerManagementOnline.com is a distance learning environment that teaches:
- Admitting and accepting responsibility for behavior.
- Determining the root of anger causing emotions.
- Quickly recognize anger and other emotions leading to anger expression. .
- Recognize old patterns of undesirable behavior.
- Identification of provocative emotions other than anger.
- Identify and change unhealthy coping styles.
- Ineffective patterns of communication (passive, passive-aggressive, aggressive).
- Assertive Communication..
- Resolving conflict in a productive manner.
- Relaxation techniques and time outs.
- Positive self talk.
- Commitment to healthy behavioral change.
- Living in positive solutions.
- Self awareness.
- Thought stopping techniques.
- Paying attention to the negative inner critic.
- Patterns of negative self talk.
- Patterns of negative thinking (filtering, black and white, over generalizing, mind reading)
- Physical activity to release energy.
- Road Rage.
- Living in solution.
The website offers hundreds of pages of content in the form of ebooks, articles, discussion boards and chatrooms.
Distance learning is a relatively new form of learning and referral sources such as courts, probation departments and human resources want to know if this type of learning is as effective as “real world” classroom learning.
There is growing evidence in research literature that online learning is as effective or even more effective than traditional learning environments. Even though distance learning is still in its infancy, the preliminary information is showing that online learning is providing a cost-effective, rich and diverse means of learning for students.
Shouldn’t there be interaction or a human component for learning anger management?
There IS a human component to this program. Our students interact with the facilitator through emails, through online chats and intensive work on the discussion board. The discussion board is continuously monitored by the facilitator.
Who created the program AngerManagementOnline.com?
Dr. Kathy S. Garber, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist developed the anger management class. She maintains high professional standards through her affiliation as a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, clinical member of the California and Ohio Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and the National Association of Addiction Professionals. Dr. Garber has worked with probation departments, and the legal system nationwide since 2002 and is a name that is trusted to uphold quality and professionalism.
What Responsibilities Do Students Have In The Program?
This anger management class is a program of accountability. All clients are required to:
Read the book Stop Anger, Be Happy.
Log into the anger management class room and watch the videos, reading, and exam area to complete their work.
Discussion area is available to discuss the anger management material.
All clients are monitored in the anger management class by a licensed psychotherapist.
Pass the comprehensive exam.
Certificates are sent to the client in PDF format. No certificate changes can be made.
Certificates are verifiable by contacting Dr. Kathy S. Garber
Why Should I Refer People To AngerManagementOnline.com And Accept The Program As Satisfactory?
Online education offers a variety of advantages over traditional forms of face-to-face programs:
- Online programs are usually less expensive than traditional programs. This makes clients less resistant to take a program.
- Programs are self paced. Clients can log in and out on their schedule.
- Our material is written for all levels of education. It is practical advice and it makes sense.
- Dr. Kathy S. Garber is available to guide the client through the program and answer questions 7 days a week.
- The anger management class is current and relevant.
- Students are much more one on one accountable for their participation. There is no day dreaming while someone else is talking. The client needs to prove that they understand anger management and show growth in the program.
How was the curriculum developed?
After doing individual therapy and anger management groups for years I began to understand what clients needed in an anger management program. The techniques used in this program were implemented first in a face-to-face program. I brought this program online as a means of offering affordable anger management and making clients more accountable for personal change. Making someone personally accountable to receive a certificate of completion is much different than sitting quietly in a room of people pretending to be interested. We help people get excited about changes their lives and living in positive solutions. We build self esteem and coach people to get excited about their lives. This is definitely not a passive program. This is a program of accountability.
Please feel free to visit www.AngerManagementOnline.com for further details. Or, email us email@example.com
I hope you will seriously consider our program as a valuable instrument in teaching anger management. We are dedicated to upholding the standards of the anger management profession.